LKAB’s Visitor Centre – Terms and conditions
When you book a guided tour with Kiruna Lappland you will receive confirmation with a unique booking number. This confirmation is your agreement/ticket with Kiruna Lappland and contains the products, times and conditions you have agreed with Kiruna Lappland. The minimum age to book/enter an agreement with Kiruna Lappland is 18 years.
Payment can be made by credit and/or debit card via our website, www.kirunalapland.se. We accept VISA, Mastercard and American Express among others. Full payment is due when booking is made on location at Kiruna Lappland Tourist Center.
Preliminary bookings are not accepted. To confirm your booking, you must give your card details when making the booking on our website. This means that the whole amount will be charged to your credit or debit card at the time of the purchase.
Registered companies can also upon contact with Kiruna Lappland pay by invoice. Kiruna Lappland cannot deliver electronic invoices and will send invoice by pdf/email or regular mail. The person requesting the booking is obligated to provide Kiruna Lappland with correct invoicing address. Invoices are due for payment 14 days before departure. If a booking is made on short notice the date for payment will be adjusted.
Cancellations and changes to the booking
Cancellations and changes to the booking can be made at no charge up to 3 days before departure for public tours and up to 14 days before departure for private tours or group bookings with more than 15 people on a public tour. For cancellations later than this, 100% of the total amount of the booking will be charged. To make a change or cancel your booking you need to contact Kiruna Lappland Tourist Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +46 980 188 80. For cancellations/changes later than this, 100% of the total amount of the booking will be charged.
Cancellation due to serious illness/unforeseen events
Cancellations can be made outside the applicable cancellation rules if there are unforeseen events. This means that you can have up to 100% of the total amount refunded if you comply with the terms and conditions. Unforeseen events are:
- Death, illness or serious accident affecting you, your fellow passenger, or you immediate family.
- Other serious event outside your control, e.g., major fire or flooding of your home, when it is not reasonable to expect you to carry out your trip.
- Events that affect your flight/train in such a way that you cannot participate in the tour. This may include, but is not limited to, canceled/delayed arrivals.
You must be able to prove your impediment with a certificate from a doctor, authority or insurance company. A doctor’s certificate shall include diagnosis, date of first visit to the doctor and the reason the doctor advises against travel. There shall have been contact with the issuer of the certificate before the trip should have started. For a refund to be paid, the reason for the cancellation generally needs to be unforeseen, unexpected and of such a nature that you cannot reasonably carry out the trip. This means, for example, that lacking the necessary travel documents such as a passport, visa or similar before travel is not a valid reason for cancellation.
Cancelled tours by Kiruna Lappland
- As LKAB’s Visitor Centre is located in an active mine, LKAB has the right, at short notice, to cancel/delay tours for any reason. Kiruna Lappland Tourist Center therefore does not take responsibility for delayed/cancelled tours, though the ticket will be refunded in full. No other compensation is payable.
- Kiruna Lappland reserves the right to cancel/delay tours in case of unforeseen events and at short notice. Reasons may include, but are not limited to, the guide becoming ill, bus problems, etc. If the tour is cancelled, you will receive a full refund of the ticket price. No other compensation is paid.
As the organiser, Kiruna Lappland undertakes to ensure
- You receive written confirmation of your booking.
- You receive documents and information when your booking is requested/completed.
- Purchased services meet the description.
- You are informed of important changes affecting your booking.
- You are responsible for checking your booking confirmation as soon as you receive it. Any errors must be pointed out immediately. Promises of importance to you made by the booking staff must be noted in the confirmation if they are to be cited.
- You shall check your email and be available on the phone number you gave at the time of booking.
- You must comply with the rules and regulations.
- If you have any complaints regarding any of the tours, you must contact Kiruna Lappland Tourist Center immediately so that any uncertainties may be resolved during the visit.
- At the time of booking, you must state whether you suffer from any kind of physical or other disability. Please contact Kiruna Lappland Tourist Center for more information.
- Meeting point at Kiruna Lappland Tourist Center. You need to arrive in time before the stated departure time, otherwise your ticket will be sold on and no compensation or refund will be paid. It is not possible to join the tour after the stated departure time.
LKAB’s Visitor Centre
- LKAB’s Visitor Centre is located at a level of 540 m in Kirunavaara. Transport to and from LKAB’s Visitor Centre /Kiruna Lappland Tourist Center will be by specially equipped mine bus. Transport is included in the price. It is not possible to do the tour by your own bus or car.
- The temperature in LKAB’s Visitor Centre is +8 to +12º C. Dress according to temperature. No special clothing or boots are required. All visitors will be provided with a helmet during their visit.
- Toilets are available during most of the tour.
- It is not permitted to bring food or beverages on the bus
- LKAB’s Visitor Centre is wheelchair accessible. However, it is important that the person on their own, or with help, is able to get on and off the bus. The wheelchair needs to be foldable. There are short distances to walk in the visitor centre. There are also benches deployed along the route for those who need to rest their legs. There will also be a break in the café.
- Disabled persons are asked to contact Kiruna Lappland Tourist Center for more information.
For safety reasons it is
- prohibited to leave the group during the guided tour.
- absolutely prohibited to participate in the tour under the influence of alcohol/drugs.
- very important to comply with all LKAB’s safety regulations, which are given by the guide.
- not permitted to join a tour on which you do not understand the language.
- not permitted for children under the age of six to take part in the tour. Also children between the ages of 6-15 years need to be accompanied by an adult.
Failure to comply with the above, may lead to the person(s) being denied participation on the tour or immediate dismissal from the tour and transport back to Kiruna Lappland Tourist Center. No refund or other compensation will be paid.
By paying, you agree, according to the Personal Data Act, to your personal details being processed by Kiruna Lappland Tourist Center for the purpose of normal guest administration and to ensure that Kiruna Lappland Tourist Center has access to reliable personal documentation in the event of an accident.